Toolchain for current (unstable) book

mclinden at informed.net mclinden at informed.net
Mon Mar 7 13:15:47 PST 2005

Ok, used the chunk version from Texas. Got as far as the glibc build
(which went fine), then got an error on the "make check":

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dynamic_link.h: 173 elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `Info[15]=((void *)0) false!

When I installed glibc and attempted to test the adjusted toolchain, I got
an error:

/mnt/hlfs/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-tools-linux-gnu/bin/ld: crt1.o not
found

I am pretty sure that I followed every step as outlined in the book.

Googling the Assertion error produced no answers.

Sean