perl-5.8.7 propolice bug

Joshua Murphy poisonbl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 19:32:26 PDT 2005

> > > There is no fix yet. I think we should use
> > > CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -fno-stack-protector" for now rather than downgrading to
> > > 5.8.6.
<snip>
> I'm not sure specifically. I know they fixed the uClibc port. I imagine there
> is more than that though.

are the people at perl aware of the propolice bug? i can't find it in
their bug ticket search ... as for the other changes, i'm skimming
their changelog, and i've only seen a couple of security fixes (in
sudoperl) directly listed, a lot of win32 changes (useless for LFS,
but important to many others) ... and a single change that directly
references uClibc ...

[ 23809] By: nicholas                              on 2005/01/17  22:25:28
        Log: Integrate:
             [ 23732]
             Integrate a patch from Gentoo for uclibc support.
             See :