HLFS Package Tarballs

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sat Jul 30 22:22:52 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,

Since I already maintain the tarballs for lfs, I thought it would help
to have all the hlfs packages also in a nice tarball for download.  For
the time being, I put the version directories and the tarballs in the
/pub/lfs/lfs-packages structure of the ftp mirrors (should be rsynced
everywhere in a day or so).  Since the mirrors already have most the
packages, it isn't much more space to have these tarballs also.

Please reply with any comments, problems, suggestions and so on, or
reply to my email directly if this does not belong on this list (don't
know where else to post).

Tarballs:  ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/
Individual glibc files:
ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/hlfs-glibc-unstable
Individual uClibc files:
ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/hlfs-uClibc-unstable

Also, I had problems finding 2 patches:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/hlfs/svn/zlib-1.2.3-security_fix-1.patch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/hlfs/svn/linux-2.6.11.12-pseudo_random-1.patch

Thanks.

P.S.  I hope the "/lfs/lfs-packages" dir is acceptable, since to add a
/hlfs/hlfs-packages directory would require reconfiguring all the ftp
mirrors.

--
Justin R. Knierim
LFS FTP Mirror Maintainer