stupid newbie question

Jaap Struyk japie at deserver.nl
Sat Jul 30 10:54:15 PDT 2005

Op za 30-07-2005, om 17:19 schreef Jaap Struyk:

> What the 2 have in common is:
> asm operand 1 probably doesn't match constraints
> and
> impossible constraint in `asm'
> Both modules build fine on a clean kernel, but the errors don't make
> sence to me.

Buth they do now, maybe I reacted a bit to quikcly (sorry) but the
answer is something wrong in the book. (or missing)
The kernel is compiled with:
make CC="gcc -no-pie -fno-stack-protector-all"
but according to the hlfs book modules are build and installed with:
make modules_install
This seemed odd, if the kernel needs those options the modules probebly
want them too, so I added CC="gcc -no-pie -fno-stack-protector-all" to
the build off both ivtv and nvidia and they compiled without a glitch...
Maybe something off value to add to the book.
--
Groetjes Japie