'kdm' is not installed with kdebase

randhir phagura rsphagura at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:53:05 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have installed HLFS-SVN-20050709. While installing kde, I found that
kdebase-3.4.1 did not install kdm. On further investigation of the
'configure' output i discovered the small 'warning' saying 'kdm will not be
installed. Please install libXau.a libXdmcp.a'.

These static library files we had deleted after our build of 'xorg' because
these are a security risk. Is there a way arround so that kdm is installed
too?
How would it be if we do not delete those '.a' lib files at that stage but
do it after kde has been installed. Will this work? If so i will try it.
Will some other application require these, later?

Thanks & Regards

Randhir Phagura