i^3fs

Joshua Murphy poisonbl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:08:20 PDT 2005

has anyoone looked at i^3fs (from the same developers as unionfs) and
whether it is practical for an HLFS system? .. if anyone here is
interested, i'd be willing to look into putting together a hint for it
for hlfs, but i'm not entirely certain about exactly how well it would
work yet, as it's only up to version 1.1, and i'm pretty sure it would
require source code from one of the db's, as it puts it in-kernel. i
already downloaded the package, but i can't look through it yet, i'm
sitting at a highly restrictive WinXP box at my library here, i'll
check back in about an hour, once i'm back at my main box (sadly, only
DSL works right now, FreeBSD broke me Win2000, trying to fix that
broke FreeBSD, i'm dumping a quick install of Slack and then going
straight LFS-6.1(or SVN)/HLFS-SVN :P).

oh yeah, below is their main page on it, if you go up a level, you can
view their entire list of projects, though very little is publically
available ... i'm just waiting to look at NCryptFS ...

http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-i3fs.html

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy