[RFC] New LFS Website

Rainer Peter Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at physik.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jul 5 05:52:13 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 08:21 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
>
> The LFS Website Team has been working on a new website for the Linux
>  From Scratch community. We have shown it briefly before, but it is now
> nearly fully functional and filled with content. Our goal with this new
> site was to produce a simple and readable site that is easy to navigate
> and easy to maintain. You'll notice that we endeavored to greatly reduce
> the number of possible links on one page and lead the user through the
> site by logical grouping of data.
>
> Apart from just a redesign in the layout of the site, much has been done
> in rewriting the backend struture, to reduce maintainance overhead and
> to allow a more dynamic and "up-to-date" website.
>
> Please visit this new proposed site (follow the link below) and reply to
> the website mailing list with your thoughts or comments. We would like
> to hear from the community as to whether they would like to see this new
> design implemented.
>
> http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Jeremy Huntwork
> LFS Website Team

Ah, what a relief!
Yes this looks verry professional!
Short links, only a few clicks to all destinations!
Nice, clean, simple!
I really don't like the current webside just too much navigation ...
too many different fonts/fontsizes
too many colors
and yes :"I HATE THE UGLY COOK TUX!"
On the other hand ... who am I that I could complain about LFSs
webside ... :-)

BTW, now anounced it should also go to lfs-chat
CUH Rainer Peter Feller