Cross GCC include paths

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 19 07:53:21 PST 2005

On January 19, 2005 10:31 am, Pasha Zubkov wrote:
> When compiling cross gcc in chapter 5 xgcc use
> /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/i686-pc-linux-uclibc/include instead of
> /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/include (target=$(uname -m)-pc-linux-uclibc).
> sed'ing Makefile.in don't help. Why we don't run automake after sed to
> create new Makefile's?

It will do that because its cross compiling. You might want to install the
cross gcc and binutils somewhere else, even /tmp.

Install uClibc to /usr/i386-linux-uclibc, when you make and install binutils
use "make tooldir=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc". Then /usr/i386-linux-uclibc will
just have lib, bin, include, info, man, and libexec.

Remember to add /tmp (or whatever) to your PATH.

We don't need to run automake after changing Makefile.in, only after changing
Makefile.am. When ./configure runs it reads Makefile.in to make a Makefile.