bhlfs

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 17 09:24:32 PST 2005

Where does beyond-hlfs stuff belong? The most convenient place for me is
adding a chapter08,09,10. The first packages I have in mind are iptables with
the grsecurity patch, tripwire, grsec-admin (acls), and openssl.

Iptables, tripwire, and acl, chains/polices would be added to every package
after. Even though these three are in different categories they would have to
get installed before any other optional packages.

So maybe call this category (chapter08) "Policy enforcement and intrusion
detection"? This could also include a cron daemon and /etc/weekly scripts.

Then chapter09 would be something like "Network services"?

Anyone have another idea?