livecd's

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 13 17:34:03 PST 2005

Robert Connolly wrote:
> Anyone want to help me make a livecd for 0.2? I've never done it before. I
> have a couple fast servers willing to host them. I've been able to install
> most of chapter 6 into a 69MB iso, including dhcpcd, ppp, iptables, lynx,
> reisfsprogs, irssi, and a ton of kernel modules. The bzip2 compressed iso is
> 20MB (easy to distribute). Maybe 30MB when finished.
>
> Email me in private if you have experience with this stuff. I'm on freenode's
> #lfs too.
>
> robert

Robert,

There's a livecd project with lfs now ;) though we don't have very much
webspace or manpower (just me :) ) atm.  But I'd be happy to help as
much as I can.  I'm currently building scripting system (using a
Makefile hierarchy) for the next gen of the LFS livecd - I'd be happy to
work on a HLFS version.

Let me know what exactly you want or had in mind. Once I get these
makefiles done, we might be able to port over a HLFS version.

Btw, the livecd project has a ml and newsgroup:

livecd AT linuxfromscratch.org

--
Jeremy Huntwork