upcomming 0.2 release

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 8 14:51:30 PST 2005

On January 8, 2005 05:24 pm, Archaic wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 02:45:32PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > To encourage people to join in and help I'm trying to do things that
> > people request. The uClibc addition was a popular idea. There have been
> > several requests for selinux in the passed year. If there are more urgent
> > things to do I would like to know what they are and I'll try to do them
>
> I think SELinux gets more requests merely because it is more well known.
> I'm curious, though, if it is actually any better. Add to that the
> distro-specific nature of future SELinux support, it seems we should
> test the waters with RBAC. If we like it, use it. If not, go with
> SELinux. It seems one or the other, but not both, should be the focus so
> the book stays unified and consistant. Support could be a nightmare,
> otherwise.

Well, the Grsec people are animate that their rbac is just as good, or better,
than selinux. I honestly don't know either way. But ya, supporting both would
be pretty bad. It wouldn't just add to complexity and problems, it would
multiply them.

But anyway. I think the current svn is ready to become 0.2-pre1. The patches
just need to be put in place when there's time. My testbox is slowly building
Glibc chapter5 now (for the passed 12 hours).