upcomming 0.2 release

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 8 14:24:25 PST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 02:45:32PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:

> To encourage people to join in and help I'm trying to do things that people
> request. The uClibc addition was a popular idea. There have been several
> requests for selinux in the passed year. If there are more urgent things to
> do I would like to know what they are and I'll try to do them next instead.

I think SELinux gets more requests merely because it is more well known.
I'm curious, though, if it is actually any better. Add to that the
distro-specific nature of future SELinux support, it seems we should
test the waters with RBAC. If we like it, use it. If not, go with
SELinux. It seems one or the other, but not both, should be the focus so
the book stays unified and consistant. Support could be a nightmare,
otherwise.

--
Archaic

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice; moderation in the
pursuit of justice is no virtue."

- Barry Goldwater (actually written by Karl Hess)