new ssp kernel patch - testers needed

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 6 13:17:49 PST 2005

I've managed to compile kernel 2.6.10 with -fstack-protector-all. As far as I
know this is a first. Attached is the new patch. Anyone here have ssp
installed and want to test overflow code in their kernel??? Do any of you
have some code we can inject in a module that should cause a typical overflow
to test this with?

I had to add -fno-stack-protector-all just for the gzip code (misc.c) because
it doesn't use kernel library functions. Several other cleanups compared to
the old patch too.

I want to backport this to kernel 2.4, but I want to be sure the 2.6 patch
works first.