Fwd: modifying the chapter layout

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 22 14:27:06 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 08:47:17PM +0100, M.Canales.es wrote:

> Then, to put LFS chapter0{7,8,9} stuff in HLFS chapter07 is fine to you?

Yeah. I hadn't realized that Robert had done it that way in the text
version, and I didn't think of it myself.

> Thinkinig in that, maybe we could do a test reboot in runlevel 2 at the end of
> chapter07, return to the host to install security and admin packages that
> allmost all should have installed in chapter08, do a final reboot to the HLFS
> system to close Part3, and then to open Part4 with BHLFS stuff.

That seems a bit busy to me. I'd rather just recommend that people grab
certain packages needed to get online (like openssl, links, wget, that
sort of stuff). I'm open to anyone's suggestions, though, so fire away
everyone.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch