Fwd: modifying the chapter layout

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 22 11:47:17 PST 2005

Archaic escribió en hlfs.dev el Martes, 22 de Febrero de 2005 09:44:

> No, I mean follow as LFS does with chapter 7 being bootscripts, chapter
> 8 being the kernel and chapter 9 being the reboot. Then go on with
> chapter 10 and the BHLFS stuff *except* if a package is deemed important
> enough to be included before reboot. I didn't realize you had shoved
> LFS's 7, 8, and 9 into chapter 7. That works as well.

Then, to put LFS chapter0{7,8,9} stuff in HLFS chapter07 is fine to you?

Thinkinig in that, maybe we could do a test reboot in runlevel 2 at the end of
chapter07, return to the host to install security and admin packages that
allmost all should have installed in chapter08, do a final reboot to the HLFS
system to close Part3, and then to open Part4 with BHLFS stuff.

What do you think?

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nº 2886: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/