uclibc nls

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Feb 22 06:13:13 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Robert Connolly wrote:

> I though Man would work, but the same problem exists with catopen()...
> catopen() doesn't exist in uClibc at the moment.

 Yeah, although no doubt people building hardened systems for servers
or firewalls won't want to leave man pages lying around.

 I've got a trivial script for 'man' on uclibc somewhere, I can dig it
out if anyone is interested (needs groff, I think I had to use/hack an
old version of groff), but maybe for hlfs with uclibc the correct
approach is just to note in the book that 'man' doesn't build.

Ken