Fwd: modifying the chapter layout

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 21 12:29:37 PST 2005

Robert Connolly escribió en hlfs.dev el Lunes, 21 de Febrero de 2005 06:11:

> I would also like to move the autotools to BHLFS. I think these are in LFS
> because of standards conformance, but almost nothing needs them. It's silly
> having packages in the base that don't get used.

Agreed. There are several packages in chapter06 that aren't needed to can boot
the system, and that aren't needed in, for example, a hardened server
environment.

Matching the goals of HLFS, a package should be installed only when they will be
actually required.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nº 2886: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/