Fwd: modifying the chapter layout

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 21 12:18:11 PST 2005

Archaic escribió en hlfs.dev el Domingo, 20 de Febrero de 2005 16:40:

> Manuel, just a quick note; The xml won't be following the chapter order
> that is in text. We need to follow the order that is in the LFS book.

We actually aren't following the LFS order, and if the fix for uClibc
internationalization support pointed by Robert work, then the differences will
be bigger ;-)

> Anything that is felt *must* be done before reboot will be put in
> chapter6.

Under a security point of view, what is more secure, to build many apps into the
chroot as "root" user or into the real system as a dedicated "build" user?

> Robert, we need to figure out when the book should say to reboot.

IMHO, the earlier possible to be sure that the system can boot and the basics
commands don't seg-fault.

We ever can go back to the host to download/install more apps if needed.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nº 2886: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/