uclibc nls

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 21 00:26:51 PST 2005

On February 21, 2005 03:26 am, pinotj at club-internet.fr wrote:
> >Sound good? I don't know if there's any side effect to moving Gettext up
> > so early, I can't think of any.
>
> What about copying only the required lib from built gettext without doing
> actually full installation the first time? You can reduce possible side
> effects. Then remove the lib and install gettext fully the second time.

I guess libintl could be built with uClibc, before adjusting. Then Gettext can
remain where it is. The only question is if 29-gettext.txt should reinstall
libintl, by default it won't. If libintl were part of uClibc it would be
built in chapter 6 with the gcc in /tools, so I don't see why it should be
reinstalled after. Its only a matter of passing "--with-included-gettext"
when building Gettext.

I think adding gettext-0.14.1/gettext-runtime/ to both uclibc.txt would be
good. And a note in chapter06/29-gettext.txt that if you reinstall/upgrade
gettext to use "--with-included-gettext" so that libintl will be rebuilt too.