Chapter 8 - openssl

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 15 20:32:05 PST 2005

On February 14, 2005 09:40 pm, T_B wrote:
> After applying the latest patches (glibc-2.3.4-arc4random-1.patch) openssl
> objects during the make.  If the arc4random references that this patch adds
> to /usr/include/stdlib.h are commented out all is fine.  Perhaps some fixup
> is required to openssl to allow it to build with arc4random.
>
> Also the same problem occurs with openssh.

Ah. I just realized what you ment. I messed up stdlib.h. I just sent another
one.. it needs sys/types.h, move an #endif down... the first #endif above the
arc4random prototypes gets moved just below the arc4 part.

And I sent a patch for OpenSSL. OpenSSH has a configure script and it detects
arc4random() on its own.

I checked that both openssl and openssh are using the arc4random() in libc
(not the one supplied by openssh), and at least on my box its okay with
uclibc, glibc should be fine too.