some non-guru questions

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Tue Feb 15 00:59:29 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 03:38:27AM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> "EMUTRAMP is disabled" because this isn't normally needed. I don't know of any
> programs off hand that needs this. In chapter 7 I discourage enabling support
> for this in the PaX kernel.

I have no experience with PaX in particular so this comment might not
be relevant - but glibc's localedef program makes use of gcc trampolines
(or at least it used to) and thus requires either executable stack or
gcc trampoline emulation.

But you're able to build glibc on systems with kernels compiled in
this way somehow?

--
/sd