Chapter 8 - openssl

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 14 19:02:18 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 09:40:45PM -0500, T_B wrote:

> I also noticed that if you remove the static libs ( rm -f
> /usr/lib/{libcrypto.a,libssl.a} ) as is suggested, then subsequently openssh
> will not build.  Perhaps there is some tweak required to openssh that
> removes its dependence on openssl's static libraries.

Are you building ssh with the following line from BLFS?

sed -i "s:-lcrypto:/usr/lib/libcrypto.a:g" configure

If so, then you are telling openssh to only use the static libs. This is
not necessary. BLFS puts that in there because some people have reported
problems with ssh after recompiling the same version of ssl. It seems to
me that that scenario is unlikely unless ssl's build options were
different from one compile to another (or different versions were indeed
used).

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch