[RFC] Changes in chapter02,03,04 pages flow

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 9 14:44:12 PST 2005

Hi

Revising the firsts chapters I noted that may be will be good for HLFS a
different flow of pages than in LFS. This is what I'm thinking:

I. Introduction

 1. Introduction

  Changelog
  Resources
  How to ask for help

 2. Technical notes

  Introduction
  Host System Requirements
  Toolchain Technical Notes
  Smashing Stack Protector
  Position Independent Exectuables
  About SBUs
  About the Test Suites

II. Preparing for the Build

 3. Preparations

  Creating a New Partition
  Creating a File System on the Partition
  Mounting the New Partition
  Creating the $HLFS/{tools,sources} Directories
  Adding the HLFS User
  Setting Up the Environment

 4. Packages and Patches

  Introduction
  All Packages
  Needed Patches

With this changes the technical explanations will be placed in the
"Introduction" part, with no commands in that part to be executed. And all
packages and patches could be downloaded as the "hlfs" user into the
$HLFS/sources directory to start the build.

What do yo think?

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nº 2886: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/