Xorg scripts and dri

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at iol.ie
Wed Dec 28 02:24:48 PST 2005

> Recently, Somebody Somewhere wrote these words
> > > Now, I'm differing with you in the ~/extras subdir.

Current status here is that I keep falling over in the middle of
your script, and keep raising the bar a little as I get time.

I decided to try for dri. freedesktop.org hasn't caught up with
the 7.0.0 release yet. Apparently these drivers are built in the
Mesa source, and there's a patch for some master Imakefile in
xc/programs, which xorg-7.0.0 does't have. Four targets are of
interest:

	make linux
	make linux-x86
	make linux-dri-x86
	make linux-dri-x86_64 for amd 64 bit cpus.

make linux-dri-x86 fails looking for usr/X11R6/makedepend.
I'll have to smell that out and preinstall it.

Next route is to try and sort out a master Imakefile for
xorg-7.0.0
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.