hlfs nALFS Feedback.

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Dec 21 01:02:32 PST 2005

> Module-init-tools-3.2.2. make error.
Ok, I failed the intelligence test on that one - no zlib :-/.

Some more things I noticed on the way. I stopped at the end of ch6,
which is about as far as I like to go with a build automatically
anyhow. But I got there!

Procps 		version error & unnecessary patch applied
psmisc		md5sum incorrect
shadow		apparently missing --without-selinux. Build fails
		for the lack of selinux.
udev		version now udev-071. cp instruction failed. I
think the config files created are out of date
In general I got good runs (Where it installed 10 packages or so
before an error) but the accuracy tailed off towards the end of
chapter 6.

And a few book errors:
1. A typo in glibc/paxctl-0.3: the line beginning
 localedef..... should end with preferred (not preffered)
2. Kernel-2.6.14.3 seems absent from the chapter01/Changelog
3. Grsecurity patch instruction truncated (Leaves out the .patch)

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.