hlfs nALFS xml using package users hint?

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Mon Dec 19 00:04:02 PST 2005

> Declan Moriarty wrote:
>
> >It's promising, and many packages work well. The package.ent was a
> >bit skewed, and the guys at lfs-matrix are not up with your
> >versions. I ended up unzipping tar.gz files and running bzip2 on
> >them. Here's what I noticed (midway through chapter 5)
> >

> Do you happen to have a copy of blfs-bootscripts-20051018.tar.bz2 as
> listed in the needed packages section?  This package is already deleted
> everywhere and the patch doesn't apply cleanly to the latest tarball
> version.
>
> Thanks.

:-(.

Actually what's lying around is blfs-bootscripts-20050709.tar.bz2,
which earlier ... Fortunately it hasn't been opened.

The furthest I have got with this is to the build of gcc in
chapter 6. Gcc seems to keep falling over. I tried uclibc, because
a hardware guy like me should know about it, and then went with
glibc in the ALFS profile (because I had no choice).

My host system toolchain is fine. But the host system is weird - I'm the
guy who can't write a hardened-specs.sh script. Chasing this stuff
down is hugely educational. If I don't progress soon, I will
reluctantly resort to doing it under X, as many host system
problems vanish there.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.