Updating FTP packages...

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sun Dec 18 17:49:00 PST 2005

Robert Connolly wrote:

>There were no new patches, they were just renamed from the old versions. So
>for readline-5.1-fixes-1.patch, you can use readline-5.0-fixes-1.patch. Same
>with GCC and module-init-tools. Sorry though, I don't have a copy of
>blfs-bootscripts-20051018.tar.bz2 on me.

Yeah, I know that the gcc and other patches are the same.  I just copied
them on the ftp server.  I just tried the module-init-tools nostatic
patch and it applies still although with every hunk being offset.

The readline patch is a mess, which is why I assumed it wasn't needed
and can be removed from the book:

[justin at hops ~/tmp]$ tar xfj readline-5.1.tar.bz2
[justin at hops ~/tmp]$ cd readline-5.1
[justin at hops ~/tmp/readline-5.1]$ patch -Np1 -i
../readline-5.0-fixes-1.patch
patching file display.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file display.c.rej
patching file mbutil.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file mbutil.c.rej
patching file misc.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file misc.c.rej
patching file vi_mode.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file vi_mode.c.rej
[justin at hops ~/tmp/readline-5.1]$

Thanks for looking if you had the blfs-bootscripts package.  Too bad
they are immediately deleted when a update is made.  I know for the LFS
LiveCD we put them on the ftp mirror specifically because of this.  :-/

Thanks again.

Justin