BHLFS Tips ???

Vincent Blondel vincent at xtra-net.org
Sat Dec 17 02:20:33 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 16:16 +0100, Jaap Struyk wrote:
> Op vr 16-12-2005, om 07:52 schreef Vincent Blondel:
>
> > Now that my HLFS system is up and running, I would like to compile some BLFS packages so that I can use our internal shell
> > scripts.
>
> I've put up alist with builded apps., add --with-pic and (re)move static
> libs before building a next package as basic rule.
> http://www.japie.deserver.nl/ftp/HLFS/build_all_packages
> --
> Groetjes Japie

When you speak about adding "--with-pic" to CFLAGS, don't you mean
adding "-pie -fpie" because when I have a look at the compilation
settings for basic packages, I often see something like this :

  sed -e 's/^CFLAGS .*$/& -pie -fpie/' -i src/Makefile.in

Secondly, what do you mean by (re)moving static libs ? Once again when I
have a look at the compilation settings for basic packages, I see that
"disable-static" is often used during the 'configure' step :

   ./configure ... --disable-static

Sorry for these, maybe, stupid questions, but I prefer to get all
necessary info before doing anything.

Regards
Vincent