BHLFS Tips ???

Joachim Schipper j.schipper at math.uu.nl
Fri Dec 16 02:06:11 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 07:52:16AM +0100, Vincent Blondel wrote:

> Hello all ... I am back :)
>
> Now that my HLFS system is up and running, I would like to compile some BLFS packages so that I can use our internal shell
> scripts.
>
> In this context, do you got some tips, patches for next BLFS packages so they can correctly work with HLFS :
>
>   tcpwrappers
>   cracklib
>   linux-pam
>   iptables
>   sudo
>   sendmail
>   pci utilities
>   cpio
>   dhcp
>   dhcpd
>   lynx
>   wget
>   net-tools
>   traceroute
>   whois
>   cron

This is not a -dev question, methinks. Oh well.

I've, at some point in the past, compiled all of these without any
problems. Follow the B(H)LFS instructions, or the instructions in the
README provided with each package. Adding --with-pic helps if you want
to make full use of PAX' memory protection stuff.

None of them present a real problem though.

		Joachim