gcc ch5 problem - still

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Dec 14 08:56:25 PST 2005

> This error looks like you have -fstack-protector-all in your gcc
> specs, but that shouldn't be an issue at your stage of
> installation. Did you run the hardened-specs script as root
> outside of the chroot? If so, run 'gcc -dumpspecs > $(gcc
> --print-file specs)' (as root again) and retry the uclibc
> headers.

Yes, thanks, that was silly of me. I was working too fast.

Now I can reliably get to the build of test.c with everythinhg
looking right. test.c fails as follows

hlfs:/mnt/hlfs/sources/gcc-build$ gcc -o test test.c
Aborted
hlfs:/mnt/hlfs/sources/gcc-build$

Or, when done as root....

root:/mnt/hlfs/sources/gcc-build#gcc -o test test.c
/tmp/cctsbP82.o(.text+0x3d): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `__guard'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
root:/mnt/hlfs/sources/gcc-build#

and I get these things left over in /tmp
cc2yST6J.s  cca5VIid.o  cciIpf8f.o  ccMkbfVd.o  ccSQ6hBr.o
cc5T6rUE.s  ccDkVPLa.s  ccKElpYl.o  ccQ5pVVh.s  ccYpiZmI.s

apparently made by the compiler. They are recent.

I grepped the patches for __guard and found it in gcc and uClibc
and went back over them, but all remains. I am pretty sure all
sections of all patches applied.

/tmp/cctsbP82.o was obviously deleted, but some others were not,
which indicates some malfunction along the way?

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.