Fwd: Re: 2.4/2.6 kernels

Pasha Zubkov pasha.zubkov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:26:50 PDT 2005

I have some questions and suggestions but because I don't know english
well (I understud you, but have very poor writing and speaking), I don't
post anything :(

In my opinion, HLFS should be Hardened Linux (may be with LFS build
method) but not hardened LFS book. I have only one machine and it's my
desktop. So I would like to see glibc in the book now, and uClibc when
it's most completed. Now I use 2.6 kernels just because I don't have
abbility to make new system from scratch, and I must update my system
time to time, and I don't want to have big troubles with full system
update in future.

IMHO, for now, as HLFS is in alpha stage, I think it would be linux-2.6,
both glibc and uClibc, but glibc as obsolete and only before uClibc
would be most complete. For HLFS 1.0: linux-2.6 + uClibc (only if it be
usable for most apps, including graphic apps)