Fwd: Re: 2.4/2.6 kernels

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 21 21:44:43 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:19:40PM -0700, Jim Gifford wrote:

> I have been sitting back and watching this thread for a while. It seems
> that we may have a situation here. My understanding of the key goal of
> the HLFS is project is a hardened version of the LFS book.

I will try to sum up the philosophy we sorted out way back when: The
default position is to follow LFS-stable *unless* there are compelling
reasons to deviate in package or version.

Basically, it is not intended to be a hardened version of LFS, perse,
but an LFS-type method of building a hardened system. Obviously the
distinctions between those two concepts may be hard to see at first, but
they definitely exist.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch