Fwd: Re: 2.4/2.6 kernels

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Thu Apr 21 21:19:40 PDT 2005

I have been sitting back and watching this thread for a while. It seems
that we may have a situation here. My understanding of the key goal of
the HLFS is project is a hardened version of the LFS book. The LFS book
should be dictiating what gets into the HLFS book. We haven't used the
2.4 kernel in a long time, the only true secure kernel is the 2.2, which
Trustix is using.

My vote is that HLFS should stick to the packages in LFS, with the only
deviation of patches needed for a secure system.

Just my 2 cents worth.

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org