kernels, binutils, and stable releases

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 18 07:45:12 PDT 2005

Hi. I successfully downgraded my hlfs box to kernel 2.4. Its not complicated.
I'm thinking its maybe a good time to make hlfs-bootscripts. Taking the
lfs-bootscripts, adding a random seed script, and making udev and hotplug
optional (install with 'make install-hotplug'). I was working on
an /etc/daily script too, that can maybe go in later.

There was talk before about adding iptables rule sets to each service, like
sshd. So that rules go up and down with the service. Does that still sound
like a good plan? I think it would need some sort of central config file to
set internal and external interfaces and IPs.. like /etc/iptables.conf or
something.