gradm

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 6 11:24:29 PDT 2005

On April 6, 2005 02:15 pm, Archaic wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:20:23AM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > I finally started to use gradm. I have it in learning mode right now.
> > Should this go in chapter 6, or in bhlfs "Security Tools"? I think it
> > more belongs in chapter 6 so that the default gradm setup has
> > limitations, and so it can be used when security /bin/su in chapter 7.
>
> I'm not familiar with gradm. If it can affect shadow, then I agree
> chapter 6 is the right place for it. Can you explain what its purpose
> is?

It's the userland to the grsecurity role based access control. The kernel part
is installed with grsecurity.

NAME
       gradm - Administration program for the grsecurity RBAC system

DESCRIPTION
       gradm  is  the  userspace  RBAC  parsing and authentication program for
       grsecurity

       grsecurity aims to be a complete security system for Linux 2.4/6. gradm
       performs  several tasks for the RBAC system including authenticated via
       a password to the kernel and parsing rules to be passed to the  kernel.