LFS News Server

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 1 07:43:54 PST 2005

Hi all:

Posting this to the main lists so that all can see. As you're likely
aware, there has been some trouble lately with our news server here. As
of Wednesday, we had the server back online and the mail > news gateway
was working effectively. However, the news > mail gateway was still not
functioning properly for all lists. In order that as few postings as
possible are lost, at least for the time being, the news lists have been
made read only.  If you want to post to a list, you can still do so via
email at the corresponding list address.

Apologies for any trouble this may cause, but hopefully you'll agree
that this is better than having "lost" posts that show up on the
newslists, but are not reflected in the mailman archives or to
email-only subscribers.

--
Jeremy Huntwork