uclibc vs glibc

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 31 19:33:11 PST 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 05:57:47PM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:

> The main thing that bothers me about Glibc is we will never be able to rebuild
> itself in the finished system with all the Grsec features enabled.

I thought the goal of this book was to produce a hardened final system
moreso than to produce a development system that can rebuild itself.
Also, if the problem is just with the grsec kernel features, then what
happens if you build a temporary non-grsec kernel for reproduction?

--
Archaic

The people cannot delegate to government the power to do anything which
would be unlawful for them to do themselves.

- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"