propolice patches [was propolice testsuite]

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 23 12:25:43 PDT 2004

I've attached two patches I made for gzip. It took me two days to figure out
how to use autoconf, should get easier though :-) I wasn't really sure what
to use as a conftest.c. What I choose might be over doing it because it uses
__SSP_ALL__ which will only work with the latest propolice patch. The
non-autoconf version should work on any host, if you try to use --with-ssp
(or --with-ssp=yes) with a gcc that doesn't understand -fstack-protector-all
then the test will fail and it will continue to make normally. I'll send both
patches to bug-gzip at gnu.org, which is the patch submition mail list listed in
their README file.

Robert