glibc, read-only sources, and static linking

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 19 23:11:10 PDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 02:41:14PM +1000, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> The logical place (at least to me) is to put a static bash in /sbin for use
> by the administrator, system scripts etc (would require modification of the
> shebang line in the bootscripts, but hey) and a general shared bash for the
> in /bin for users etc.

That is what I generally use. It works well. I just don't use if for
shell except in recovery mode. Obviously it's a matter of taste.

--
Archaic

[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned
from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of resistance?
Let them take arms...The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to
time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787