new book

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 17 00:31:35 PDT 2004

Hello. I started upgrading the hlfs book to lfs-unstable.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/hlfs/downloads/cvs/

In there is hlfs-20041017/  which has plain text instructions up to the end of
chapter 6. The only testsuite with problems is binutils ld with TLS (3
failures), everything else should be fine. The piespecs patch only works on
x86, powerpc port shouldn't be hard to do, as well as most other arches.

Patches can be found in hlfs-patches-20041017.tar.bz2 of that directory.

I haven't properly tested it, I got to gcc chapter 6 test and everything
seemed allright. It's enough for testers to work with though. PaX and Grsec
kernels should be able to use all the options.

Regards
Robert