uclibc and tar-1.14

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 26 10:04:12 PST 2004

Bennett Todd wrote:
> Looks like a positive result; the maintainer of GNU tar, Sergey
> Poznyakoff, sent me a patch extracted from the cvs tree. A teensy
> bit of hand-applying one chunk that failed got to apply against
> 1.14, and the result worked with bzip2 linked against uClibc.
>
> I don't know if you'll want to maintain a 1.14 build with a patch,
> or wait for the upstream. I'll be happy to email out either the
> patch as Sergey emailed it to me, or my twiddled version that
> applies to 1.14.

Would you mind making it into a patch of the type acceptable by the
patches project?  That way folks interested in it won't have to go
hunting for it.  I'm prone to *not* put this in LFS as we obviously
don't utilise uClibc.  If it's in CVS, we'll obviously pick the fix up
when we upgrade to the next version anyhow.

Thanks,

Matt.