releases and stuff

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 17 18:56:40 PST 2004

I moved stuff in here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/hlfs/current/

/~robert/hlfs/downloads/cvs/ is a symlink to ../../current for now.

hlfs-20041114/ has uclibc for chapter 5. I'm not starting chapter 6 until the
problems with gawk and bash are fixed (see BUGS.txt). They both segfault when
I link them shared. I thought it was a piespecs bug, but it doesn't seem to
be. In the chroot enviroment built by buildroot Gawk builds with cflags=-pie
fine. I don't even have a guess at the cause of this bug right now. This
version of the book just shows where I'm at now. I had to build gcc and
binutils 3 times in chapter 5, couldn't get it to work any other way.