stripping secure servers (was Re: releases and stuff)

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 15 13:19:36 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 04:04:39PM +0000, Bennett Todd wrote:

> As I said, Marcus Ranum has recommended this for years. A quick
> google trawl didn't collect any matches for me, but I may not have
> picked the best keywords. But his basic concept is building servers
> the same way you build good firewalls.

Yeah, I'm was with you all the way until you mentioned not even having a
shell. That's where I usually stop. I setup ssh through trusted VPN
paths for administrative work so the idea of a non-shell box rather
excites me. I do love extremism. ;)

--
Archaic

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit
it.  Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can
exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their
revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861