releases and stuff

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Sun Nov 14 22:47:29 PST 2004

> Ultimately, because it isn't safe to have devel tools on a system
> regardless of whether or not they are mounted or not. Putting all the
> devel in /opt is nice and tidy to some extent.

I must admit I cannot live without some devel tools on my systems.
Safest way is to keep them in an encrypted loopback filesystem for
when you do actually need them.

This is generally a file in roots homedir, and mounted in a directory under
roots homedir.

Not ideal (tools are still there, albeit hard to get at), but it can
get you out of a bind ;-)

Something to think about anyway...

 Regards
[R]