uclibc and tar-1.14

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 14 15:59:09 PST 2004

Unfortunetly using tar-1.14.90 didn't work.. the only way I can get tar to
uncompress bzip2 is with 'tar -B -jxf', so far. Tar's cvs source doesn't fix
this bug. The problem code is this:

if (! read_full_records_option)
{
 unsigned long rest = record_size - left;

 FATAL_ERROR ((0, 0,
               ngettext ("Unaligned block (%lu byte) in archive",
                         "Unaligned block (%lu bytes) in archive",
                         rest),
               rest));
}

>From line 655 of src/buffer.c. But, if I wrap the above code in:
#ifndef __UCLIBC__
...above code...
#endif

which is basicly like deleting the above code, then it works. It seems stable
like this, the testsuite gives the same results with or without this hack.
But I'm not sure of the consiquences of this, so I'm thinking using -B is
better, maybe make it an alias?