uclibc

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 8 05:30:11 PST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 11:51:05PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:

> Without the piespecs I managed to compile all of chapter 5's packages (no
> busybox). Busybox might be a topic of discussion, but from what I read about
> it there are a few issues with it. I have no expirence with Busybox aside
> from using it on my Ipaq, so I have no idea about pros and cons.

I understand fully the desire to use uClibc, but unless we are going for
embedded service, I really don't see why we should use Busybox. As
always, though, Todd is likely to know a lot more about it than many of
us. I thing I'm not particularly fond of (and this is from old memory,
so I may be irrelevant) is the lack of many of the gnu-specific switches
I've gotten used to using.

--
Archaic

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit
it.  Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can
exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their
revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861