uclibc

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 7 20:51:05 PST 2004

I haven't got to chapter 6 yet. I botched the whole deal when I stripped the
libs at the end of chapter 5. Until I know more about it I think we should
only strip the bins. The stack protector works well, I used stack_protector.c
from the glibc-ssp patch without any modifications. It uses uclibc's sysctl
and syslog functions properly, and uses at least half as many syscalls as
glibc does (not sure why).

There's a small patch for perl-5.8.5 for uclibc. Two problems so far are the
problem with bzip2/tar (tar jxf), and the piespecs patch isn't working.

Without the piespecs I managed to compile all of chapter 5's packages (no
busybox). Busybox might be a topic of discussion, but from what I read about
it there are a few issues with it. I have no expirence with Busybox aside
from using it on my Ipaq, so I have no idea about pros and cons.