uclibc vs glibc

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 6 17:22:37 PST 2004

Another thing wrong with that mktools script is:
make BOOT_LDFLAGS="-static" quickstrap # bootstrap

With a make quickstrap, BOOT_LDFLAGS never gets used and the xgcc is
dynamically linked. It should be just LDFLAGS="-static". Aswell, I don't
think quickstrap does anything when languages=c, its the same as just doing
make alone. Quickstrap is usefull when g++ and friends are being built too.