uclibc vs glibc

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 6 12:27:51 PST 2004

Okay. Now I sorta have gcc/g++ pass 2 built with the cross compiler and
--build/host/target=i386-linux-uclibc. It should be a native uclibc compiler
I assume, make bootstrap works with it too. But after installing a native
binutils configure scripts still say the host system is i686-pc-linux-gnu,
and a more serious problem is /usr/include is still being checked for
headers. Anyone know what determines the default include directory? is it gcc
(that wouldn't make sence here)? gawk and coreutils for example are going
beyond $(prefix)/include and searching /usr/include.