uclibc vs glibc

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 2 12:55:09 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 10:41 -0700, Archaic wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:21:47PM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to switch the topic slightly, but I keep hearing 'live-cd' &
> > 'bootcd' on this list.
>
> I mentioned it once...

Someone else mentioned it earlier in this thread.

> > I'm trying to get some support for the notion of having a more
> > official development arena for various LFS live-cds (x86, ppc, x86_64,
> > etc.) If you want a specific cd made for your project, then that's
> > even more support for the idea of turning the live- cds into a
> > project.  Any thoughts?
>
> If we were to make a CD it would be radically different from an LFS CD.
> IOW, it would not be feasible to make it part of the same project. At
> least not at this time when we are considering a libc change.

I realize that.  Esp. if you're considering using a different libc.  My
point is that if we had a project/framework for developing these various
and compeletely different livecds (there's major differences between the
x86 & ppc & x86_64 versions already) it would be much easier to keep the
devolopment progressive and the resultant iso's available for all.
Anyway, just a thought.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net